you need it.
Entry & Check In:
- The Lodge operates a self-check in. We will email details to you prior to arrival. If you have any questions, please call (+1 268 725 6344) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The office/management opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (except Bank Holidays). We will come and say hello as soon as we arrive after your check in.
Getting to us from the airport
We are approx 30 minutes’ drive from the airport. Please note there is no public transport to/from the airport. The options are either a rental car which can be collected at the airport, or delivered to The Lodge, or a taxi which costs around U$40-50. If driving, you are required to purchase an Antiguan temporary driver’s license which costs US$20. We drive on the left.
- We are situated on the main road in English Harbour some 300 yards after the right turn onto Dockyard Drive at Marsh Village. We are on the right-hand side and there is a long white wall which says ‘Water Sports Centre’ as well as signs for both the ‘National Sailing Academy’ and ‘The Lodge’. There is free parking onsite.Things to do
- It is approx. 500 yards (5-10 min walk) to the centre of English Harbour with its shops, bars and restaurants and nightlife. Nelson’s Dockyard is a short walk away as are Falmouth Harbour Marina and the Antigua Yacht Club Marina. There are many restaurants ranging from pizza places to fine dining. There is a small local supermarket 300 yards from The Lodge.
- You can swim safely off our own dock and there are beautiful Caribbean beaches in the vicinity – Pigeon Beach in Falmouth Harbour is about 20 minutes’ walk and Galleon Beach in English Harbour can be reached by water taxi from Nelson’s Dockyard.
- Buses stop outside The Lodge which will take you to the Capitol – St. John’s – and other parts of the Island.
- In English Harbour there are also recreational facilities e.g. Tennis, squash, scuba diving, yacht charter, fishing charter, Post Office, Bank and ATM as well as hairdressers and beauty/massage facilities.
- A few minutes’ drive away there is horse riding and also Shirley Heights with fantastic views of both harbours and the ocean beyond. On Sunday afternoons there is a sunset BBQ and party with live music each week plus a Thursday event in season (Dec – May)
- There are 2 x 18 hole golf courses – both 30 minutes’ drive away.
- There are many hiking trails in the area from Galleon Beach or between Nelson’s Dockyard and Pigeon Beach.
Sailing is available all year round. The Academy has a range of sailing dinghies to suit all levels/ages. We offer lessons if required or experienced sailors can hire dinghies. We also have kayaks and SUP’s for hire. The Academy also has a 28ft yacht available for charter to experienced sailors.
Also onsite at the Academy we have a 5 Star PADI Scuba Diving Centre – please see www.divecarib.com for further details.
In season, between December and May, the marinas are home to many of the world’s super yachts and there are many events and regattas which are listed below. In the summer there are other events such as Carnival in early August.
A car is the best way to explore the Island – there are reputedly 365 beaches in Antigua, many of which are totally unspoilt and some of which are only accessible by boat.
- Our time zone is Atlantic Standard Time (AST) or GMT – 4.
- Currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar (XCD) which is fixed to the US Dollar @ 2.67 but floats against the British Pound and other currencies. Major credit cards are accepted everywhere.
- Electricity at The Lodge is 110v with USA type plugs. There are sockets in all rooms and we can provide adaptors.
- There is free WiFi in the accommodations, the Café and the garden.
- Medical facilities – in English Harbour there is a doctor’s surgery as well as a medical centre which has emergency/accident personnel and an ambulance. The main hospital is in the Capitol, St. John’s. There are no vaccination requirements for entry into Antigua.
- There are direct flights to Antigua from London, Manchester (in season) New York (JFK & Newark), Miami, Atlanta, Toronto, Milan and Dusseldorf. Flying time is 8 hours from UK and 4.5 hours from New York.
- Climate – the Island is generally warm and sunny all year round. It is usually hotter around July, August, and September when there is a higher risk of hurricanes although there has only been one in the last 15 years – Gonzalo in 2014. The hurricanes of 2017 – Irma and Maria did not affect Antigua.
- For more information on activities and events, see www.antiguanice.com and please feel free to ask any questions you may have.We hope you enjoy your stay at ‘The Lodge’
Out of hours – +1 (268) 725-6344 or + 1(268) 725-4692 via phone or whats app